Even in a strong economy, multifamily developers and owners want to save time, energy, and money. So when the economy gets tough, these needs are amplified threefold. Fortunately, building product manufacturers recognize the importance of materials that meet users demanding needs.
Above all, the need for easy execution is crucial. That’s why products such as Redland Siding Systems’ new Tru-Brix real brick siding system are hot sellers. Tru-Brix, which can be used on existing or new structures, is lighter than traditional brick and doesn’t require any particular skill or expertise for installation.
“Developers don’t choose brick because of its cost,” says Joe Miles, CEO of the Williamsport, Md.-based company. “Tru-Brix is a way to ‘dress up’ a multifamily building and increase the value of the property.” Another bonus: Residents don’t have to be relocated during the installation process. Plus, no adhesives, glue, or mortar are required, making it easier, cheaper, and faster to install.
Likewise, FrameMax’s prefabricated modular building structure, ModPOD, enables builders to speed up construction while cutting costs. ModPOD can be used for buildings up to 16 stories and costs 25 percent less than traditionally-built structures. Moreover, it takes 25 percent less time than normal construction methods.
1. Brick House: Redland Siding Systems’ new Tru-Brix real brick siding system is a thin-brick cladding system exclusively designed for installing lightweight brick onto existing or new structures. Tru-Brix can be installed over most surfaces, and is designed to replace vinyl, wood, or aluminum siding. Produced and fired like genuine clay bricks, Tru-Brix is available in 50 different colors, as well as shapes such as arches and sills. The product uses a mechanical bond instead of glue and adhesives. For more information, call Redland Siding Systems at 301-223-7700 or visit www.tru-brix.com.
2. Superior Siding: The Yukon board premium insulated siding from Vytec is now available in double 6-inch clapboard, a wide-panel design that presents a broad flat face, a deep panel projection, and authentic wood-grain texture. Yukon board’s new design also features expanded polystyrene foam insulation that is laminated directly to the back of the siding, adding an average of R-3.5 thermal value to exterior walls. Additionally, it offers five times the impact resistance of traditional vinyl siding. For more information, call Vytec at 800-233-8990 or visit www.vytec.com.
3. Dust Buster: Dust Away reduced airborne dust drywall compound and renovation mud from CertainTeed features dust reduction technology from 3M that decreases the amount of airborne dust generated through sanding by more than70 percent compared to standard drywall compound. The dust clumps and falls to the ground when sanded, making clean-up faster and easier for professionals and do-it-yourselfers alike. For more information, call CertainTeed at 800-233-8990 or visit www.certainteed.com.
4. New Heights: FrameMax recently entered the U.S. modular building market with ModPOD, a prefabricated modular building structure that enables builders to speed the construction of multi-level building projects. The new patented system allows builders to achieve heights of at least 16 stories, previously unheard of for light-gauge steel. ModPOD building structures also cost 25 percent less than traditionally-built structures and can be erected on site in 50 percent less time than typical construction methods. For more information, call FrameMax at 858-486-7200 or visit www.framemax.com.
5. Dew Drops: The new THERMAX wall system from Dow Building Solutions provides greater energy efficiency and a reduced carbon footprint for commercial buildings. The system also offers continuous exterior insulation, a water-resistive layer, and an air barrier that insulates both the wall cavity and steel studs (which transfer heat 10 times faster than wood studs) and moves the dew point from within the wall cavity to the exterior where it belongs. For more information, call Dow Building Solutions at 866-583-2583 or visit www.dowbuildingsolutions.com.