Ron Ratner, president and CEO of Forest City Residential, was named our Executive of the Year in the 2006 Multifamily Executive awards contest. Plus, more than two dozen multifamily firms also were honored last week at the Multifamily Executive Conference in Las Vegas for their architecturally distinctive communities, innovative reuse projects, marketing and advertising efforts, and their community service programs.
Click here see a PowerPoint presentation from the awards gala that showcases all the winners.
Executive of the Year
Ronald Ratner, President and CEO of Forest City Residential, reshapes America's cities and leaves a lasting footprint.
2006 MFE Awards Winners
- High-Rise: 100, Cambridge, Mass.
- Mid-Rise: Prado on Lake Avenue, Pasadena, Calif.
- Low-Rise: Loft23, Cambridge, Mass.
- Student: Loft-Right Lofts, Chicago
- Senior: Cabrini First Hill Apartments, Seattle
- Military: Gateway Village, San Diego
- Affordable: New Holland Apartments, Danville, Ill.
- Mixed-Income: Columbia Crest, Atlanta
- Adaptive Reuse: Midtown Exchange Apartments and the Chicago Lofts, Minneapolis
- Best Reuse of Land: The Depot, Fort Worth, Texas
- Marketing and Advertising: Union Square Condos, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Community Service: National Gables Day
- Best Use of Technology: eMarketing
2006 MFE Merit Award Winners
- Low-Rise: Village Grande
- Low-Rise: Railroad Spur Block
- High-Rise: Cristalla
- High-Rise: Acqualina Ocean Residences and Resort
- Mid-Rise: MetLofts
- Mid-Rise: 720 Lofts
- Affordable: San Antonio Place
- Affordable: Amory Residences
- Adaptive Reuse: Pacific Electric Lofts
- Adaptive Reuse: The Lofts of Broadway
- Best Reuse of Land: Cityville Greenville
- Best Reuse of Land: Island Square
- Marketing and Advertising: University Park at MIT
As Multifamily Executive's 2006 Executive of the Year, Ron Ratner joins an impressive crowd. Past winners include:
2005: Tom Bozzuto, The Bozzuto Group
2004: Steven LeBlanc, Summit Properties
2003: George S. Quay, Village Green Cos.
2002: H. Eric Bolton, Mid-America Apartment Communities
2001: Arthur Evans, A.F. Evans Co.Properties