Multifamily movers and shakers gathered in Phoenix, Ariz., last week to kick off the three-day Apartment Finance Today Conference. Their discussion focused on capital challenges, lending strategies, occupancy and rent growth opportunities, and the state of the current economy. Event highlights included a roundtable discussion with industry leaders, a CFO power panel, and a keynote luncheon by former U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros.
In case you missed it, here’s a look at the key takeaways from the event.
- Be Brutally Realistic and Focus on Management, Multifamily Leaders Say
- Private Investors Drive Equity Market
- Multifamily Construction Financing Search Leads to FHA
- Small Loans Face More Scrutiny
- Cisneros to Battered Industry: Demographics Are On Your Side
- Retaining Residents is the Key to Pushing NOI
- Under Conservatorship, the GSEs Focus on Securitization Programs, Business as Usual
- Adler Encourages Clarity and Quality During Acquisitions
- Linwood Thompson: The Bottom is Close
- With Green Opportunities Come Challenges, Multifamily Panel Says